Conflict resolution and beyondDownload Brochure
This course shows the facilitative way for working through and getting beyond the entrenchment of multi-stakeholder, multi-issue conflict in order to propel organizations and parties forward.
Facilitating Conciliation is a two-day course for people who work with conflict among individuals and groups. While conflict is built into life and is part of the creative process, negotiating from power and fixed positions deepens the divide and expands the problem. People need alternatives to adversarial approaches in disputes. Rather than “managing” or “dealing with” conflict, this course works with the underlying root cause of systemic conflict. People can work together and form solutions even when conflict is built-in, normal and will not go away. Facilitating Conciliation works in all these situations.
Learn how to:
- Diagnose and understand conflict.
- Surface all the background information.
- Find the central core of the conflict.
- Use the seven phases of conciliation.
- Use practical tools to move everyone ahead.
- Design solutions for complex situations.
This Live Online course is held from 9 am until 4 pm ET. (2 3-hour sessions each day, 9-12 and 1-4 Toronto time. There are also 2 short breaks in each session).
- An understanding of types and levels of conflict, and interventions.
- Methods and skills for discussion and dialogue.
- Methods and skills for problem solving.
- A proven way to proceed, regardless of the conflict.
- Tips, tools and practical applications for use.
You are encouraged to bring difficult conflict situations that you are part of or are trying to facilitate a resolution. We will try to incorporate these into the course, to understand the nature of conflict, or to consider approaches, or illustrate the use of tools.
9:00 - 5:00 pm in the time zone mentioned.
Price is CAD$1,345 plus applicable tax.
The Nature of Conflict
- Sharing experiences
- Exploring the nature of conflict
- Levels of conflict
Phases of Conciliation
- Pillars of the approach
- Understanding the journey of conciliation
- Keys to success
Tools for conciliation
- A dozen ToP tools and methods
- Conventional conflict resolution tools
- The Big Toolbox
- Case Studies
- Designing complex conciliation processes
Who is it For?
- Facilitators, trainers, managers, team leaders, consultants, lawyers, union leaders, human resources professionals, community leaders, parents, educators.
- Valuable for people who facilitate within multi-stakeholder, multi-conflict situations.
- Conflict resolution and mediation consultants will gain insight into a new level and depth of implementation.
Key Methods Taught
The course includes theory, demonstration of methods, practice, examples, case studies and is highly participatory. This is a how-to course.
"Great process to work through the material - love that we practice practical tools we can take back to the workplace and easily apply them."
|Jan 26-27, 2023 Live Online||8:00 am - 3:30 pm China Standard Time||$1,345.00|
|May 17-18, 2023||Live Online, 9am Eastern Time||$1,345.00|
|Oct 16-17, 2023||Live Online, 9am Eastern Time||$1,345.00|