Focused Conversation Method
One of the most powerful methods for any facilitator.
Module 1 of Group Facilitation Methods
Prerequisite : None *
Part of Group Facilitation Methods course.
Move beyond “seat-of-the-pants” facilitation and reliance on instinct, to use the most powerful facilitation methods and processes available. The Focused Conversation Method is a vital method for professional facilitators and gives you a thorough grounding in facilitation practice.
Group Facilitation is a foundational course for professional facilitators and will give you a thorough grounding in facilitation practice. It is part of the Professional Facilitator Program (PFP), the ToP Facilitation Essentials Program (TFE), the Advanced Facilitator Program (AFP) and the Facilitative Leadership Program (FLP).
This self-paced, self-directed course contains all the theory of the in-person and the online versions.
The manual is downloadable in this self-directed course.
Theory is expanded through readings and videos of classroom lectures and interaction during in-person courses. These videos remain available for a year.
Templates are included to prepare for real client work. The templates carry key theory within them.
There are videos of instructors using the method in actual classroom case studies. This demonstrates best practice use of the method. These videos remain available for a year.
Stages, steps and procedures of the method is explained in detail.
This self directed course includes examples of products from actual clients as pictures, PDFs or powerpoints, so you know what can be achieved. These are downloadable.
The course includes assignments that help build confidence in your use of the tools and methods. Assignment can be done by yourself, or with a group you convene on your own for enhanced learning.
Your assignments can be uploaded to receive comments from ICA instructors or facilitators. You can contact them for further explanation.
Focus group energy and move to resolution
- Hold discussions and dialogue that actually gets somewhere
- Explore the most difficult and contentious topics safely
- Use a method with decades of proven success
Build motivation and improve morale
- Help groups resolve conflict
- Build respect and trust in groups
- Create lively effective teamwork
- Generate positive interaction
Make groups more productive and effective
- Conduct easier, faster meetings
- Save time and money on meetings
- Involve participants in discussions
- Get more ideas into the mix
Focused Conversation Method
- Demonstrations of the Focused Conversation
- Theory and group dynamics
- Where to use the Consensus Workshop
- Design effective conversations
- Practice Focused Conversation Workshops
- Variations of the method
Who is it For?
- Experienced facilitators by reinforcing what you are already doing well and pointing out those areas that need work.
- New facilitators by starting you out on a solid foundation with best practices used by professional facilitators around the world.
- Executives, managers and other leaders by acquainting you with key facilitation skills that will immediately enhance your leadership capacity.
- Consultants by showing how to engage your clients more effectively in discussions and solutions.
- Presenters and trainers who will get new practical tools that will enhance the adult learning principles they know are important.
- Anyone who wants to be assessed by the International Association of Facilitators as a Certifies Professional Facilitator (CPF)
Key Methods Taught
Learn one of the most powerful methods to enhance your facilitation
- The Focused Conversation Method is central to all facilitation and can be used with all other tools and methods to enhance products and generate commitment.
- The four levels of the Focused Conversation Method can be used in facilitation, coaching, team building, planning, conflict resolution, leadership and much much more.
Dr. David Burman, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto
"ICA Associates Inc. provides the best training I have come across. Their decades of learning and development have resulted in methods unsurpassed by anyone else in the field."
David Kraft, Director of Research, Strategic Communications
"ICA methods have made a tremendous difference in my work. Many of my clients have benefited from them and they have generated positive results in some very tricky and challenging situations. I also make good use of the post course support and I always get first-rate advice."
Dr. Laura MacDonald, Associate Professor, University of Manitoba
"I have used ICA methods in preparing for lectures, student assignments, professional presentations and leading meetings, and in all events they have proven to be invaluable in organizing and harvesting ideas to fruition."
Mary-Jane Jarvis Haig, Director, Development Support, Information Services, Hudsons Bay Company
"Thank you again for contributing effectively to our training curriculum aimed at developing the interpersonal skills of both staff and management."
|self directed||GFM module 1||Not open||Join Waiting List|