Powerful methods to facilitate and build consensus.
Prerequisite: None *
*It is a prerequisite for most other ICA courses and all Programs.
Move beyond “seat-of-the-pants” facilitation and reliance on instinct, to use the most powerful facilitation methods and processes available. Learn step-by-step approaches to clear thinking, sound decisions, solid consensus and open dialogue.
Group Facilitation is a foundational course for professional facilitators and will give you a thorough grounding in facilitation practice.
This course has been endorsed by the International Association of Facilitators (IAF) as part of the Professional Facilitator Program to lead you to become a Certified Professional Facilitator (CPF). GFM alone covers many of the competencies required by the IAF.
Theory, demonstration, application and practice is all provided in that time. Some prereading is required.
Group Facilitation Methods Online runs for two days, 9-5 in the time zone mentioned.
Price is CAD$1,345 plus applicable tax.
Focus group energy on common goals
- Enable groups to form consensus
- Facilitate solid commitment to results
- Encourage group creativity
Build motivation and improve morale
- Help groups resolve conflict
- Build respect and trust in groups
- Create lively effective teamwork
- Generate positive interaction
Make groups more productive and effective
- Conduct easier, faster meetings
- Save time and money on meetings
- Involve participants in discussions
- Get more ideas into the mix
The Focused Conversation Method
Session 1: 9-12 am
- Demonstration of FCM
- Theory and levels of thinking
Session 2: 1-5 pm
- Applications of FCM
- Practice sessions and feedback
- Designing focused conversations for use with clients
Consensus Workshop Method
Session 3: 9-12 am ET
- Demonstration of Consensus Workshop
- Theory and group dynamics
Session 4: 1-5 pm ET
- Applications of CWM
- Practice and feedback
- Designing consensus workshops for use with clients
Who is it for
- Experienced facilitators by reinforcing what you are already doing well and pointing out those areas that need work.
- New facilitators by starting you out on a solid foundation with best practices used by professional facilitators around the world.
- Executives, managers and other leaders by acquainting you with key facilitation skills that will immediately enhance your leadership capacity.
- Consultants by showing how to engage your clients more effectively in discussions and solutions.
- Presenters and trainers who will get new practical tools that will enhance the adult learning principles they know are important.
- Anyone who wants to be assessed by the International Association of Facilitators as a Certifies Professional Facilitator (CPF)
Key methods taught
Learn two powerful methods to enhance your facilitation
The Focused Conversation Method provides a structure for clear dialogue and reflection, probes beneath the surface to the depth of a topic, encourages a diversity of perspectives and leads to decisions.
- Gets everyone participating
- Encourages a diversity of perspectives
- Provides a structure for positive dialogue
- Gets beneath the surface of a topic
- Builds common understanding
- Involves each group member
- Gets all the ideas into the mix
- Focuses the group consensus
- Builds an effective team partnership
- Enables you to facilitate large groups
Dr. David Burman
"ICA Associates Inc. provides the best training I have come across. Their decades of learning and development have resulted in methods unsurpassed by anyone else in the field."
"ICA methods have made a tremendous difference in my work. Many of my clients have benefited from them and they have generated positive results in some very tricky and challenging situations. I also make good use of the post course support and I always get first-rate advice."
Dr. Laura MacDonald
"I have used ICA methods in preparing for lectures, student assignments, professional presentations and leading meetings, and in all events they have proven to be invaluable in organizing and harvesting ideas to fruition."
Mary-Jane Jarvis Haig
"Thank you again for contributing effectively to our training curriculum aimed at developing the interpersonal skills of both staff and management."
|Jan 30-31, 2023||Chinese Online AFP||$1,345.00|
|Jan 30-31, 2023||Chinese Online AFP||$1,345.00|
|Oct 31 - Nov 1, 2022||Live Online||Not open||Join Waiting List|
|Dec 5-6, 2022||Live Online||Not open||Join Waiting List|
|Nov 16 - Nov 17, 2022||Live Online||$1,345.00|
|Nov 16 - Nov 17, 2022||Live Online 9-5 Pacific Time||$1,345.00|
|Jan 16-17, 2023||Live Online, 9am Eastern Time||$1,345.00|
|Feb 13-14, 2023||Live Online, 9am Eastern Time||$1,345.00|
|Mar 6-7, 2023||Live Online, 9am Eastern Time||$1,345.00|
|Apr 3-4, 2023||Live Online, 9am Eastern Time||$1,345.00|
|May 8-9, 2023||Live Online, 9am Eastern Time||$1,345.00|
|July 10-11, 2023||Live Online, 9am Eastern Time||$1,345.00|
|Sept 18-19, 2023||Live Online, 9am Eastern Time||$1,345.00|
|Oct 30-31, 2023||Live Online, 9am Eastern Time||$1,345.00|
|Dec 4-5, 2023||Live Online, 9am Pacific Time||$1,345.00|