Launch a new beginning by re-storying the past
A key method of any Certified ToP Facilitator.
This method is required to become an ICA Certified ToP Facilitator (CTF).
The manual is downloadable in this self-directed course.
Theory is expanded through readings and videos of classroom lectures and interaction during in-person courses. These videos remain available for a year.
There are videos of instructors and participants using the tools in simulated case studies. This demonstrates best practice use of the tools and methods. These videos remain available for a year.
Stages, steps and procedures of each advanced tools are explained in detail.
This self directed course includes examples of products from actual clients as pictures, PDFs or powerpoints, so you know what can be achieved. These are downloadable.
The course includes assignments that help build confidence in your use of the tools and methods. Assignment can be done by yourself, or with a group you convene on your own for enhanced learning.
Your assignments can be uploaded to receive comments from ICA instructors or facilitators. You can contact them for further explanation.
Bring closure to the past for communities and groups
- Facilitate full appreciative reflection on ALL things, joyful and traumatic
- Discern turning points for the group, when things began to shift
- Involve all parties, including diverse groups and ages
Build a common story that empowers with meaning
- Generational reflection encompassing decades or centuries
- Build respect for all effort
- Create a story as a foundations to launch new initiatives
- Enable healing between factions and groups
Prepare for all types of planning
- Discern trends that are forcing change
- Generate learning to carry forward
- Set the groundwork for visioning and future orientation.
- Excellent for evaluation and mid-course correction.
Who is it For?
- Those who need to bring new people up to speed with those with long standing perpectives and efforts.
- Those who must help create a joint story for parties in conflict.
- Consultants and leaders who are preparing to do important planning initiatives and have to get everyone on the same page.
- Executives trying to build a common story for cultural transformation.
- Anyone who wants to be assessed by as an ICA Certified ToP Facilitator (CTF)
Key Methods Taught
Learn two powerful methods to enhance your facilitation
The Focused Conversation Method provides a structure for clear dialogue and reflection, probes beneath the surface to the depth of a topic, encourages a diversity of perspectives and leads to decisions.
- Gets everyone participating
- Encourages a diversity of perspectives
- Provides a structure for positive dialogue
- Gets beneath the surface of a topic
- Builds common understanding
The Consensus Workshop Method provides a participative and respectful way to move a group toward consensus on those important topics that everyone wants a breakthrough.
- Involves each group member
- Gets all the ideas into the mix
- Focuses the group consensus
- Builds an effective team partnership
- Enables you to facilitate large groups
Dr. David Burman, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto
"ICA Associates Inc. provides the best training I have come across. Their decades of learning and development have resulted in methods unsurpassed by anyone else in the field."
David Kraft, Director of Research, Strategic Communications
"ICA methods have made a tremendous difference in my work. Many of my clients have benefited from them and they have generated positive results in some very tricky and challenging situations. I also make good use of the post course support and I always get first-rate advice."
Dr. Laura MacDonald, Associate Professor, University of Manitoba
"I have used ICA methods in preparing for lectures, student assignments, professional presentations and leading meetings, and in all events they have proven to be invaluable in organizing and harvesting ideas to fruition."
Mary-Jane Jarvis Haig, Director, Development Support, Information Services, Hudsons Bay Company
"Thank you again for contributing effectively to our training curriculum aimed at developing the interpersonal skills of both staff and management."