Designing and Facilitating Effective Meetings
Meetings That Work brochure
Pre-Requisite : None *
Get more from meetings than you ever thought possible with best practices from professional facilitators. Turn meetings into “events” that people want to attend, increase participation and get the best input and results from everyone.
Meetings That Work is for anyone who leads or attends lots of meetings and will provide you with professional tips, templates and practical tools to increase commitment to action, and handle difficult or controversial items.
This is a foundational course with lots of tools and practice.
You will learn how to:
- Enhance participation and group productivity.
- Plan and facilitate meeting agenda items.
- Design and orchestrate meetings.
- Play the role of meeting facilitator more effectively.
You will be able to apply these skills in both online and in face-to-face meetings.
Courses are 9-5 in the time zone mentioned, unless otherwise noted.
Price is CAD$1,345 plus applicable tax.
People will want to attend your meetings and be part of the team’s great results after you use what you learn in Meetings That Work.
Design and run great meetings
- Create engaging agendas
- Construct meaningful processes
- Increase group participation and productivity
- Make group decision making more effective
Create a Participatory Environment
- Use diversity to make everything interesting
- Deal with difficult situations
- Get the best results possible
- Develop teamwork and follow-through
Gain Confidence as a Facilitative Leader
- Learn best practice tools and techniques
- Enhance meaningful participation
- Communicate more effectively in groups
You can participate in this course from anywhere in the world with high-speed internet access. We use an interactive online environment with built-in audio that enables full participation.
The course has four 120-minute online sessions, and an hour or so of offline participant reading and application exercises after each session. The four sessions are scheduled on consecutive, sequential days within one week. A course manual and worksheets are provided.
Starting in Nov 2022, the course will be 9-5 with most work done in the class.
Session One: Participating in Meetings
- Great meetings
- Participation at its best
- Levels of involvement in decision making
- Facilitating brainstorming
Session Two: Meeting Agenda
- Best practices in agenda planning
- Key elements of dialogue
- Asking questions to promote dialogue
- Facilitation process
- Creating facilitation plans for agenda items
- 72 tools
Session Three: Event Design
- Keys to healthy communication
- Preparing for events
- STEPS Model
- Creating event designs
- Meeting planning
Session Four: Facilitating Meetings
- Stages in the group’s journey
- Facilitator’s role
- Eight intelligences
- Dealing with difficult situations
- Personal action planning
All sessions - A commitment to full time participation in all the online sessions and the homework exercises.
- High-speed internet access
- A USB computer headset with a microphone
Who is it For?
- Organizational leaders and managers responsible for strategic and operational planning meetings.
- Project managers responsible for guiding a whole project cycle.
- Team leaders responsible for organizational operations and project implementation.
- Community leaders responsible for planning and implementing action campaigns.
- Government officials responsible for program development, project implementation and policy formation.
- Facilitators responsible for enabling group productivity.
Key Methods Taught
Plan, prepare for and facilitate productive meetings with best professional tools and approaches available.
- Dialogue approach
- Ladder of participation
- Effective flipcharting
- Product oriented agenda design
Play the role of meeting facilitator more effectively and get results that generate confidence and motivation in the whole team. Turn meetings into events.
- Process and its elements
- Tips for effective communication
- Event design and orchestration
- STEPS model
Throughout the course, there are valuable tools, contexts and guidelines that will deepen your capacities as a leader, facilitator and coach.
- 72 facilitation tools
- Seven intelligences
- Working with difficult behaviours.
"The course provided me with useful frameworks and tools to engage clients and improve participation and outcomes. I came away with increased knowledge and skills in architecting and planning better meetings. I highly recommend this course."
"I am surprised at how many teams and organizations still have meetings with no agenda. Meetings are among the largest time wasters when done poorly and are the catapults to success when done well. Meetings That Work is a gem of a course that breaks down meetings in all their components and teaches you how to do them the right way."
Dr. Suzanne F. Jackson
"I make plans, hold meetings and conduct research using ICA’s methods of participation. They are the best methods around to involve people in groups in making sense of lots of information and making decisions about action."
|Feb 27-28, 2023||Chinese Online AFP||$1,345.00|
|Dec 12-13, 2022||Live online||Not open||Join Waiting List|
|April 5-6, 2023||Live Online, 10am Eastern Time||$1,345.00|
|May 1-2, 2023||Live Online, 10am Eastern Time||$1,345.00|
|July 12-13, 2023||Live Online, 10am Eastern Time||$1,345.00|
|Sept 20-21, 2023||Live Online, 10am Eastern Time||$1,345.00|
|Nov 1-2, 2023||Live Online, 10am Eastern Time||$1,345.00|
|Dec 6-7, 2023||Live Online, 10am Pacific Time||$1,345.00|