Embed commitment and action into planning
Transformational Strategy brochure
Pre-Requisite : Group Facilitation Methods or Group Facilitation Method Online *
*Transformational Strategy is part of the ToP Facilitation Essential Program (TFE) Facilitative Leadership Program (FLP) and the Advanced Facilitator Program (AFP)
Maximize innovation, creativity and flexibility of your organization’s strategies by weaving stakeholder perspectives into your long range plans. Diverse input will build commitment and action into the transformation.
This self-paced, self-directed course contains all the theory of the in-person and the online versions.
The manual is downloadable in this self-directed course.
Theory is expanded through readings and videos of classroom lectures and interaction during in-person courses. These videos remain available for a year.
Templates are included to prepare for real client work. The templates carry key theory within them.
There are videos of instructors using the method in actual classroom case studies. This demonstrates best practice use of the method. These videos remain available for a year.
Stages, steps and procedures of the method is explained in detail.
This self directed course includes examples of products from actual clients as pictures, PDFs or powerpoints, so you know what can be achieved. These are downloadable.
The course includes assignments that help build confidence in your use of the tools and methods. Assignment can be done by yourself, or with a group you convene on your own for enhanced learning.
Your assignments can be uploaded to receive comments from ICA instructors or facilitators. You can contact them for further explanation.
Transformational Strategy is for executives, managers, and consultants who must enhance a group's potential to think and act strategically and empower them to act immediately.
This course demonstrates the power of the Technology of Participation ToP® Participatory Strategic Planning used in thousands of organizations world-wide and is required as a Certified ToP Facilitator.
Participatory strategic planning increases innovation and commitment so that major transformations and smaller projects can be implemented quickly.
Facilitate innovative strategic thinking
- Engage multiple perspectives in productive dialogue
- Enable groups to generate creative, well conceived plans
Focus energy and commitment toward positive results
- Practical action plans with schedules and assignments
- Expanded responsibility for action, follow through, results and learning
- Accomplishments that exceed expectations.
Build solid teams that work together
- Improve communication among members of the group
- Build solid, lasting consensus
- Develop common purpose and motivation
Faster more flexible implementation
- Quicker modification when situations change
- Groups prepared for immediate implementation
This course will enable you to facilitate strategy planning with any group.
Price is CAD$1,745 plus applicable tax.
- Overview of stages of strategic planning
- Historical Scan analysis
- Strategic thinking – a 4 step process
- Facilitating a vision workshop
- Keys to creating a shared vision
- Facilitating an underlying obstacles workshop
- Contradictional thinking and transformation
- Facilitating a strategic directions workshop
- Generating strategies that transform
- Implementation schemes
- Facilitating an action planning workshop
- Keys to effective action planning
- Adaptations of the model
- Behavioural change of implementation teams
Who is it For?
- Executives, directors who are responsible for an entire company or community in long range visioning or strategic planning.
- Managers, supervisors and staff who must enhance a group's potential to think and act strategically and empower them to act immediately.
- Consultants who work with many organizations or communities on strategic planning, action planning or transformation.
- Leaders who must create participatory plans with groups.
This course demonstrates the power of the Technology of Participation ToP® Participatory Strategic Planning used in thousands of organizations and communities world-wide and is required as a Certified ToP Facilitator.
Key Methods Taught
Learn six important methods for all forms of planning:
- Historical Scan for getting everyone into the same context
- Practical Visioning – create a shared vision of the future with any group.
- Contradictional and Root Cause Analysis – safely identify barriers preventing success
- Strategy Development – generate innovative strategies that lead to success using a group’s creativity
- Action Plans – develop practical action plans that inspire commitment and immediate implementation.
- Image change to empower implementation teams' new behaviour
David Kraft, Director of Research, Strategic Communications
"I’ve been using ICA methods for four years now and they have made a tremendous difference in my work. Many of my clients have benefited from them and they have generated positive results in some very tricky and challenging situations. I also make good use of the post course support and I always get first-rate advice."
Yvonne Brouwers, CEO, Illumina Research Partners
"We work with the oil and other big companies. I am blown away by the relevance and practicality of this participatory strategic planning course, and use it and tell all my clients."
"I really enjoyed learning a "method" that was simple and made sense that brought out facilitation process, participation from the group and created a leadership style that people could relate to and feel included and valued."
"The process that was taught of creating an action plan is very efficient compared to other planning sessions."
Lisa Mitchell, Director Training and Consulting, Centre for Affordable Water and Sanitation
"The course set me up to lead participatory strategic planning for our organization just a couple of months later. This will improve our ability to serve clients who are increasing access to safe drinking water and sanitation for communities around the world."